2013-03-18

Evolving Patterns

Blogs should evolve over time. Blog is, after all, short for "web log." If a log of someone's views never changes, then the person has stopped thinking while continuing to write. Which is one of the great banes of the Internet Age. Therefore, I'm introducing new themes.

Dreams. Too much emphasis is put on the symbology of dreams. Dreams are in fact symbolic functions of the mind. But symbology is too much open to subjective interpretation. I believe the meaning to dreams, is to be found in their pattern. Content or logic doesn't matter to the unconscious; only pattern does.

Innocence. I'll admit, it's too late for me. The decades of cynicism have taken their toll. But even if innocence be unreachable, I'm still fascinated by the way children see things. I need to pay more attention to this. Children look at the world in a novel way. For one thing, it's useful for creative endeavors and design. For another, it brings a kind of freshness and joy to seeing things that we tend to lose.

Music. Because, music. I hear way too much good music and really should share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughtful comments are welcome; spam will be moderated out of existence.